Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas this year was a blast. We gathered in Tucson at my Mom/Jim's "winter home". I never thought I was part of a wealthy family until I left the home at age 18. All of a sudden boats, cabins, 3rd residences, vacations, and new furniture are part of their everyday life. I think they were holding out on me. My sister had it figured out by staying on the payroll until she was 25.

We did it right this year by keeping gifts simple, and focusing on special items that everyone wanted. I rolled out with a new racquetball racquet, Dana got a new HR monitor for her roadbike, and Mike even scored a new handheld GPS. My Mom got a new digi-camera but I don't anticipate seeing any .jpg's until at least March when she gets through the encyclopedia-thick manual and software.

Steve-o we missed you and I know it would have been even more fun with you there. I'm going to work on you for next year as everyone needs to have the quirky Uncle for the holidays - you know, the one who eats meals in capsules, and owns not one, but 2-sets of trekking poles (both of which have never even seen dirt).

My newphew and daughter had a great time....we need to have more of those and I'm going to get down to Tucson every chance I get this winter. Until next year! Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment