Thursday, November 6, 2008

Recently, D decided to clean out her closet and I'm thinkin' - "hey - sell this stuff on E-Bay...you can make some pretty good $$ for the name brand stuff".

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

I've sold 50+ items on E-Bay including bikes, clothes, and electronics along with a few household items and have received probably 15 questions total for those items. D has received no less than 15 e-mails for ONE FREAKIN' LISTING regarding measurements of sleeves, hemlines etc. Then there was this memorable nugget:

D sells a tank top for something like $3 plus $5 shipping. The actual cost to ship the tank was around $2, but you figure $1 for the envelope, and a couple bucks to get it to the post office....the chick who bought it gets all snarky and sends an e-mail that says 'you better check your shipping prices'. I take the liberty of responding and this bitch fires back again - she has to be one of those "get the last word in" types - her husband must be insane or she's really hot and he's putting up with it for the short term. Anyway, D deleted her response as I was ready to lay down a profanity-laced tirade......over a $3 tank top. Wow - blood pressure medication please because I'm about to blow.

This E-Bay thing for chicks is a complete catastrophe. Dudes can buy from each other because a large shirt is, guess what....wait for it....LARGE. A used stereo component is, wait for it again, USED!

F*ck - I need a bike ride. I got one yesterday...three hours worth including busting some snow crust up around 9,500 feet. Then I went to look at the new root beer rig I have been coveting. Everything is legit except for the stem/bar. I can switch that out in a snap.

Oh and Josh, I'm not even thinking about giving you D's E-Bay links for fear of one of your rideandsmilz questions!

5 comments:

  1. That eBay Beyotch sounds like a menace 2 society!
    I always figgered that's how eBay people made the real money, was on shipping, right? So what's the big deal!

    I've gotten incredible, unbelievable deals on vintage cameras, but things got more "evened out" when they added the shipping cost in-- so that camera I got for $8.00, I had to pay twice that for shipping--but anyway, it was still a deal!

    That stupid twit needs to chill the fuqua out. Arguing with D for a couple of bucks. Stoopid.
    Good thing you didn't get to send your fiery response-- she would've stung from that for YEARS. You are deft and merciless in the precision of your attack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pen (keyboard) is mightier than the sword, and I woulda unleashed the NOOKyouler Dixon Ticonderoga #2 codes on her ass. F'n napalm drop followed by daisycutter bombs with the NOOKyouler chaser. O'ccourse this wanker was up for the fight so it woulda been bluddy.....all over $3.10 in extra shipping costs. GOOD TIMES ON THE INTERNET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I am unable to confirm it, my guess is that it was really Josh that bought the tank even though he is denying it. Ever since proudly trying on a jersey that was way too small I think he may have developed a thing for undersized female tank tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh - We have women's "Bella" shorts with a 5" inseam too.

    ReplyDelete