Sunday, July 8, 2007

Where do I start? What a great weekend. Photo #1 is D with 1/2 of a Clif bar in her trap...we were on the uphill side of a long, hard ride in the Dixie National Forest in southern Utah.

Photo #2 is of the bird sanctuary outside of our room in Boulder, UT. Sweet serenity for me.

Photo #3 is my wasted face after I don't know how many miles of climbing and descending - I was even more tired than I looked, but it was a good tired - you know - the kind that makes you want to eat a 2 pound burrito, and vomit at the same time. Yeah, that good kind of tired. I bet I could have placed 5th in that Coney Island hot dog eating contest after that ride, but I would have taken top honors in the vomit volume contest.

Photo #4 is the top of the pass heading down then towards Capitol Reef National Park. We started climbing at 6,400 feet - and 11 miles later - VOILA! 9,600 feet. The 8% grades hurt me, but D said "I just can't go that slow" and pedaled on past me to take the KOM points at the top...grrrr.

Photo #5 is the new dawgg - Bodhi. I named him after this guy because he's 3-toned and he's kinda small, but D liked the name and decided that it meant this. I agreed to meet in the middle since I'm about as spiritual as your next door Agnostic, and D is into the yoga stuff. It's all good. He's a great dog, and a hella fun to have around with our old dog Jamocha.

#6 is Lyza after a hard day of playing. You could say she falls asleep like this about every night.

#7 is D and Lyza re-enacting a rat that they chased out of our kitchen. A rat you say? Yeah - I said the same damn thing. We live in a city with about 7% humidity year round - and I can count the field mice I have seen in the forest after a rain. Turns out, it was a neighbor's pet. Lyza and D scared it so bad, we think it had a heart attack on the front lawn and died in a pool of sprinkler water less then 1/16" deep. Kinda tragic really....but the re-enactment cracked me up.

Shit! 4 weeks until Durango. I better keep on keepin' on. Actually, I'm feeling pretty good about my chances and I'm in pretty good shape right now. I may look like crap, but I can ride kinda fast for 3-4 hours. I hope you're having a great summer - this one has been memorable so far for us.





3 comments:

  1. Great photos, pallie. I like that you can see your reflection in Dana's shades. As for Lyza being completely wiped out--You either are 1.training her for races Bela Karolyi style, or 2. you got that kid signed up for indentured servitude or somethin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was tending to the family garden - and making us some new hemp shirts, she rode her bike to get groceries with my BOB trailer (including a pony keg of Fat Tire), and I had her pour a concrete slab for our garbage cans - all in a day's work for a 5 year old, right?!

    Yeah, right - try playing for 12 straight hours and that will kick yer arse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That explanation of the "rat re-enactment" photo cracked my sh*t up, Shek Mo!
    Poor pet rat died of fright in a kiddy pool. Isn't that what happened in the 1971 film "Ben" (theme song by Hee-Hee Jackson)?

    ReplyDelete