Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Don't have Kids unless......

You're 100% sure that you and your spouse will make it. Lyza - 6 years old - was sobbing last night, asking me "why did you and Mom have to break apart". It's a little too early to tell her that her Mom was a cheating liar ho-bag - I'll save that until she can handle the truth. Instead, you focus on whatever positives there are (2 families, 2 Christmas Days, 2 Spiderman Toothbrushes, etc....). Even if you are 100% sure, things can change overnight. So my statement holds about as much weight as her. I've heard that she'll get past this point, and then HAMMER me for the truth around age 10. I better start thinking about my response now.....

On a much more positive note - this morning was beautiful. A crisp 55 degrees, sunny, and I snuck in a 1-hour ride that was a great tone-setter for the day. The stress comes out through my tires....and by the end of the ride, the Wednesday forecast was looking great in my mind.

Work
Desntist Appoitment for Lyza
MTB ride with her at Campbell Mesa
Home for Dinner
Crash Out

Back to work - ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment