Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The next 11 days

I'm not really nervous yet about the state championship hill climb because although I'm entered in the Cat 4 men, I'm not racing for me. C'mon - I wouldn't have a chance of placing in the top 10 of my category. I'm too slow which is caused by not riding my road bike as much as I could, and the fact that I'm 190+ pounds. The dudes who win this race are little dudes who climb like gondolas in Vail.

The goal is to get D on the podium of the Women's 4. We have been training, and we worked our tails off on a 50 mile loop last weekend featuring a 16 mile climb - not really high elevation though. I'm still recovering from that ride. My job next weekend is to hang on to D's wheel on the steeps - which is not easy for me, and then step up and provide a draft for her on the flatter sections. Hopefully, with a little luck, she will be on that podium.

Our canceled vacation has allowed the priviledge of working this week - that's just f'n great. It has also allowed me to only work 1/2 days so we have spent time looking at real estate for my Uncle to buy. I hope we can get him moved in to Flagstaff in the next 6 months. It would be great to have him around more. He's a twitchy SOB, but he's a blast to be around.

We may have an update tonight on a condo about 2 miles from my front door. If so - pictures will follow tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Find me a place too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The dudes who win this race are little dudes who climb like gondolas in Vail. "

    This sounds remarkably like Johnnu Utah's comments on surfing: "It's for little rubber people who haven't even started shaving yet!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an F B I agent!

    Johnny Utah

    ReplyDelete