Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Supposed Former Beer Infatuation Junkie...

Yes Sheck, add Alanis to the list with Mimi, Aimee, and Posh

I am fully recovered beer snob. See there was a time when I only wanted a dark, imported, made by Monks, nearly unfiltered, full flavored brew with some hard to get rep and a unique bottle. I actually remember applauding a rant on some dude's website with the ridiculously overused cliche "life is too short to drink lame beer". Like those words haven't been uttered for nearly every high end product out there - or at least the well-marketed and positioned high end products. Well that was back in 1998, and I believe nearly 10 years later I am recovered.

A $1.99 25 ounce Tecate in a can looks just f'n great when I'm thirsty. How about a Fosters Lager in the oilcan! Say hell yeah to that! Really - I'll drink whatever is put in front of me especially if you're buying.

Wisdom, experience, and my pathetic habit of always embracing at least one thing that is socially 'cool' has taught me that my current infatuation with coffee will end within the next seven years when I'll be drinking microwaved water with a teaspoon of Folgers. Mmmmmmmm, sounds........just nasty now, but I am my parents and I just can't get around this......I don't even want to bring up the inevitable ventures into box wine, repeating the same stories, and slow driving.

Early start tomorrow - 6am at work, out at 3pm - off to soccer practice with Lyza, and then the club R-ball tournament. I haven't played in a week, but one thing is for sure. I'm well rested, and I'm pretty pissed off about not playing more - so I hope that helps. Everybody is gunning for me, and each match will be one game to 21 since we have so many players. One bad streak, and you're finished. I'm gonna win and if I don't I'll go down swinging/diving/swearing. I don't even want to think about losing, but if I do, I'm gonna fetch a cold MGD at happy hour prices and watch the remaining players whip up on each other.




4 comments:

  1. I always knew you had some sorta fixation on Alanis! Isn't it ironic. Don't you think? A little toooo ironic. Yeah, I really do think. Beer snob or not, you're still a cool dude, despite drinking MGD. I gotta draw the line somewhere, pallie, and that's where the line is drawn-- No Miller, Bud, or Busch products for me--- a microbrew IPA, the hoppier the better, is all you'll find in my grasp at 5:10pm. As far as low brow, let it not be lowenbrau, but rather Rolling Rock--it's a'ight, a little skunky but it'll do. Pabst and Sclitz are also long favorite of the hopster crowd. Maybe you should grab a 6-er of Hamm's. It comes from the Land of Sky Blue Wa-ha-ters, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find HAMMS out here...the HAMMS Bear was the first stuffed animal I ever wanted so my Dad quickly switched to Leinenkugel's so I wouldn't be drinking HAMMS at age 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16oz cans of High Life!!! I used to be a beer snob but I cant pass up a deal. When I found cases for 11$ for 16oz'ers I was hooked. I do love my Oktoberfest but for everyday drinking I will the have the champaigne of beers.

    And they sell Hamms at the gas station by my house, next to work, grocery store... most everywhere in good ole' WI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe Hamm's is still available in this neck of the Land of Sky Blue Waters. It it can prove to be quite refreshing in the right situations.

    My old neighbor and I used to sit on the patio listening to bluegrass music and drinking PBR. Did an excellent job of keeping the other neighbors away. Got to the point where they couldn't tell if we'd have the good beer out or not and they no longer asked if they could come over on Sundays to watch NASCAR on my big screen.

    Added to my To Do List: Pick up a suitcase of Hamm's for CBs next visit.

    ReplyDelete