Monday, October 15, 2007


This was probably one of the first weekends where I was actually GLAD to get to Sunday afternoon......wiped out and ready for a beer or two. Saturday morning we were up at the crack of ass to act as roving photographers for the Soulstice Trail Run. D was racing the short course (around 6.5 miles), and Lyza and I decided to hop on our bikes and intercept her at various points for photo ops. Well, as it usually goes with a 6-year old, plans changed.

First, it was cold - around 35 degrees - so we didn't want to ride that fast. Second - literally 100 yards in "I have to pee Dad". So down with the pants, legs up on a log, and unload about a liter of Apple juice. That cut us down to one intercept point, and we were waiting patiently when the leaders ripped through. After the top 3 women, and the top 10 men I was thinking D would roll through in another 5-10 minutes. WRONG> here she comes ripping down the trail at max effort. We get a quick photo - scream "GO D - THROW IT DOWN" and we hop on our bikes hell bent for the finish line. We roll in about 2 minutes before she does, and get the camera out in time to get her and some dude in a green shirt who couldn't catch her at the line. She got 4th overall, and 3rd in her age group (tough age group)......another trophy for the mantle at home!

Quick ride home, and Lyza and I are off to Brownies - yes, Dads do Brownies now. We went to an animal shelter which was actually a really cool field trip. Get back - lunch - day over, right? WRONG. D and I quick change for a wedding up at the Snowbowl....babysitter for Lyza. Home and CRASH out around 10pm.

Sunday - more of the same, and that's why I was pretty psyched to hit Sunday evening with nothing 'to do'.

This week brings the October Racquetball Tourney on Thursday night. I guess I'm seeded #1, which has 'letdown' written all over it. Nice confidence, huh......I'll probably be ready to play the likes of Prick Paul, Kaotic Keith, Timid Tim, College Mike, Sponsored Chris, and Mitch the Bitch come Thursday, but I can't even think about that right now. MUST GET ON THE TRAINER and ride some miles as I have a 50 miler coming up on 11/3.

Here it is, Tuesday morning already.....better get hoppin.

No comments:

Post a Comment