Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2 days of "big Business" as one L. Cleary would say when I thought I had a big convention at the Stinkin' Grand Hotel many years ago....I was such a poser with the slicked back hair, an office on "Mahogany Row" and clothes that never fit because I weighed about 160 in the summer season, and 190 in the winter. Yeah - that was a ridiculous lifestyle that would have killed me before I reached 40.

2 days of business meetings at my property just concluded and I'm pretty toasted. So - the ultimate cure is a ride. Quick change into the lycra clown suit, and out into the woods. Flag had about 2 inches of rain this afternoon so everything was wet, but not a quagmire. The soil - always desperate for water - drains quickly so I had sticky trails, and as usual a whole lotta fun. I needed to purge cliches outta my head, Mission Statements were left in the muddy puddles, and our Corporate Culture - - that pretty much took a back seat to what was in front of my face coming down Schultz Creek......a sweet path that does anything but follow a straight line.

The people in our group are genuine, caring, and all take their jobs with the same degree of seriousness that I do. As a team - we do well together when the subject is work. The problem was that the majority of them are borderline raging Republicans. Three of them had crossed party lines in prior elections - so we had a good discussion about the upcoming election. The other six were pretty much convinced that Obama is a Muslim and he'll "bring America to its knees". Wow -I did my best to keep my Apple Pie down seeing as how they were looking at me and wondering how could I even LIKE Apple Pie. I'd already spouted off about how I don't eat Hot Dogs often and that I only like watching the MN Twins and that other baseball games are boring. In fact, if McCarthyism were still around I think I'd have been pegged right there as a liberal commie.

An old friend just tracked me down via this blog on Google and that's scary, because this blog is supposed to be private. I guess if I even think that anything I write and publish on the net is private then I need my head examined. Jenner - keep in touch and get that blog going so I can leave tasteless and completely random comments.

G'night

2 comments:

  1. The ride cures all. Had a great one last night. Love the feeling that I've had since then.

    I bet Al Gore never realized that there would be such privacy issues when he invented the internet. I saw that post and I guessed at who it was. Glad to see she's well. Always great when old friends flash back in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - if Al Gore hadn't created it, then Bush wouldn't be able to "use the internets".

    I'm with you on the rides....if I didn't have 'em I'd be locked up in a padded room.

    ReplyDelete