Wednesday, August 6, 2008

F*ck...I spend 32 hours in Satan's Lair - aka Phoenix - and I'm wasted and not in a Dazed and Confused way. That city absolutely sucks, and it sucks the life out of this northern boy. Then I roll into Sedona today and set up for a job fair.....we're looking for housekeepers. Sedona: Great place to visit, not a bad place to live, but home of the 57 year old retiree with no motivation to work hard anymore. OR, you get the slacker with a colossal sense of entitlement who is just "looking for the right vibe", and will job hop from month to month. "at the end of the day" only two people wanted to clean rooms. Of course, since about 100 people walked through the door, our 2% conversion ratio feels solid. 100 people over six hours, and about 30 stopped by to chat. I was so bored I was texting like a teenage tramp, just to see how fast I could knock out a 4 word message without a QWERTY. So sorry if you got a random text that said something like:

Wna fk aftr skl?
Cfe t r me?

Like I said, it was a long 6 hours sitting in an Elks Lodge with shitty climate control. I think my brain overheated.

I raced home after making the proverbial stop at work to "check messages". Is that not the dumbest thing to do EVER? All of a sudden you are knee deep in sh*t that you would have never known about and you could have just dealt with the next day. I put out a few fires, and drove home without remembering much of the drive - scary because its 35 minutes long. On the bike and into the woods for 1.5 hours. My buddy Ellsie, who loves to quote Coldplay, Fergie, and Myley Cyrus, said: "Clarity brings serenity". Whatever, I just know that my reset button has been pushed and, well, I'm back.

1 comment: