Thursday, August 28, 2008

Had the good ol’ annual checkup today. Not that one – I still have not been violated in that sense. It was a financial checkup from a NY Life agent, and once again I get to hear that we’re not well diversified, we need to save more, and the latest and greatest products for me are long-term liability insurance and more variable life insurance. I call these financial guys “Masters of the Obvious”. No sh*t I haven’t covered all of the “what if’s”. Thanks for the checkup, I’ll see you again next year. Having a father who is a financial planner, I did pick up some $$ and sense lessons from him – along with bad humor. However, I ultimately don’t really give a crap about having excess money because I have learned that there’s a price to pay for most six fig salaries. That statement is purely a way to justify the fact that since my job doesn’t pay six fig’s, I have no idea what it would be like to make that kind of $$.

What a bunch of rambling rubbish that paragraph was. I think I need a night ride tonight to reset. 9pm departure scheduled. Nite Rider charged so I can ride until Midnight, tires at 24psi to compensate for what are sure to be multiple steering errors, and –gasp!- gears. Yup – gears. The new/used candy apple Fisher Paragon is a blast to ride but I have to relearn shifting. Should be fun unless I run across and over any vagrant campers like I used to in Sedona back in the day. That was a lose/lose situation for me and said vagrant scumbag, 24 year old, drivin’ Daddy’s Saab drifter who was “roughing” it out of the back of a nice car with a debit card when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment