Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last Days of Summer

Me and Lyza (that grammar was exclusively for you PBK), took the final two days of her summer break and went camping, swimming in Oak Creek, and then spent what was left of the days getting ready for the 8:00am bus pick up at the corner of Juniper and Turquoise streets. Why work when you can chill with your family? Bodhi went with us on his maiden camping trip and he morphed into this incredibly obedient camp dog who just hung out, swam when necessary, and slept in the tent when we did.

I think I have a bike race in 8 days, and in preparation, I’ve taken the last six days off to ensure that I get plenty of rest before race day. Sounds like a great training plan – and while I’m at it, I’ve been eating everything I see and drinking the occasional Hispanic brewed beverage of choice. Let me know if you want a copy of my training book titled “Slacker Training – One man’s guide to training to just finish”. I’ve actually been training vicariously through the table tennis players, the rowers, the archery dudes, and the little Chinese female weightlifters. I sit at my computer watching the live action online with no commentary until midnight feeling the stress of competing in these sports that get no respect from the mainstream media…..it’s really quite a rush watching Judo. www.nbcolympics.com Check out the tab to the left of sports and click where it says ‘live’. Michael Who? Phelps? Sorry, I’ve been watching badminton for three days.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to sue you. You are plagarizing my book!!!! There isnt a price you can put on the benifits of being well rested before a race.

    ReplyDelete