Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back in the saddle this morning for a 1 hour spinout. D was scheduled for a crown on a tooth, so I dropped her Valium'ed head off at the dentist, pounded out an hour on the bike - S*it/Shave/Shower, and back to pick her up in my monkey suit. Drop her back at the Chateau and off to work.

I'm pissed -

Can you believe the Feds (read: WE - the taxpayers) are bailing out the falling financial markets? "The bailout of Fannie and Freddie, the purchase of AIG, and the latest multi-hundred billion dollar Treasury scheme all have one thing in common: They seek to prevent the liquidation of bad debt and worthless assets at market prices, and instead try to prop up those markets and keep those assets trading at prices far in excess of what any buyer would be willing to pay." - Ron Paul

All I know is a lot of people were living way above their means for a long time and the honeymoon is over. I just wish those that created this mess would pay for it individually - and those that chose to forego the lure of getting easy money would not be punished.

Off the soapbox and back to work.....Go Twins!

4 comments:

  1. Umm, yeah, don't ya mean, "Go Cubs!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and another thing-- I agree with you and Ron Paul. This thing has gone way off the rails, and it is totally because of people living above their means, getting mortgages they couldn't afford, and putting everything on credit.

    Remember back a few generations when everything was cash and carry?
    If you couldn't afford it, you DIDN'T GET IT. Or you saved for it, or put it on lay-a-away.

    We live within our means, have a reasonable mortgage, and a very small credit card balance. We drive old cars that are paid for. We don't wear Versace. Almost everything we own is old, well worn, and well appreciated.
    (We call it "vintage"-- it sounds better that way).

    And now I gotta help pay for all of those high rollers with their house in the Hamptons and their new SUVs and trip to Bermuda?

    Are my tax dollars bailing out somebody's diamond encrusted grill? Instead of like, making a better school system? Instead of universary health care I am helping some yuppie stay garbed in Ralph Lauren?

    Shek, now you've got me all fired up.

    Remember the movie "Airplane"? I know you do. Remember where they're showing worldwide news footage of the plane in distress--like in Africa the dude is beating it out on a drum, and then they go to the U.K., and the British guy says, "They KNEW what they were getting in to. I say, LET 'EM crash!"

    True 'dat!

    Love, Thrifty McCheapo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to completely agree with Ellen... even on the "Go Cubs!" But then I thought about it and still can't cheer for the Cubs because it would be the Brewers asking the Cubs for a bailout. I don't agree with it politically, I can't agree with it in sports. The Brew Crew knew what they have needed to do but let their record go south and now need to rely on the help of someone else to get to where they're going. If'n ya can't git there on yer own, maybe ya don't deserve to be there.

    If'n ya can't really affored the overpriced, oversized home, car, etc, maybe ya shouldn't sign the paperwork.

    If'n yer going to make high $ loans to people that don't really deserve it, when yer company starts down the path of financial ruin, maybe ya should suck it up and take yer lumps.

    Once again, looks like taxpayers to the rescue of those who shouldn't be getting it. This isn't where the real money needs to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lordy, Steve's comments had me rolling.
    Steve, you are awesome.

    CB, you got some pretty amusing pals.

    "Amusing? Do I amuse you? Am I a clown?"

    ReplyDelete