Friday, September 5, 2008

Walked out of the garage at 6:10 this morning and although the air had a little touch of fall in it, I could feel the sun fighting it off to maintain the summer season for another 16 days. It’ll be 82 this weekend. The ride was just a short 1 hour loop up up up, and then back down, down, down. Nothing special other than the AM light, fast hardpack trails, and quite a few forest friends to greet on the climb. Of course, I thought about two completely pointless things on the ride.

Kanye West has “jumped the shark”. Tired, old, stuff that still makes him millions.

Speaking of tired old stuff, Kid Rock never re-invents himself – he just keeps showing up every 2-3 years, yet he keeps coming back with these little pop-music nuggets that make him millions. Then I amassed a ‘Kid Rock lyrics’ collection in my head while climbing Rocky Ridge: “A little bit of love that’s all I need, a little inspiration and a bag of weed”. “I’m the T-O-P to the D-O-G, I’m the P-O-T to the G-O-D, and I’m trippin”. “They say I’m cocky and I say WHAT, it ain’t braggin’ mother f*cker if you back it up”. “Puffin a Winston, drinkin’ a 4-0, Kid Rock and I’m a let you know”. “Not straight outta Compton, I’m straight out the trailer”.

Fortunately my head clears on the descent as I’m concentrating on going as fast as possible and not crashing out. Home, sans incident. Open the garage, bike on the rack, fire up the Gaggia, brew a nice “white guy” homemade latte’ with some organic soy milk just so Big Steve could have espresso envy, then 11 minutes on the back deck with D and Lyza before school, and off to the sawmill.

Sarah Palin dominated the water cooler discussions yesterday at J-Pine. Many of my crew related to her being “one of us”, and empathized with her much publicized family challenges. She struck a cord, not with the majority, but I could feel the impact of her speech. Johnny Mac and his Evangelical Power Mom are making the start of the 4th quarter of this game close – hangin’ in there aren’t they. GOP gonna lose in OT though.

Obama baby. Obama.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta agree with you on all of the above. CB.

    Kanye jumping the shark, just like Arthur Fonzarelli. Kid Rock, I gotta tell you, the guy is winning me over because of exactly what you said-- he is not "reinventing"-he's sticking with his shtick.
    And Obama, yeah.

    ReplyDelete