Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sittin', thinkin', drinkin'

Put the girls to bed 'round 9pm tonight. Lyza...tired from a good day at school. D....awaiting a new crown for a molar, getting hammered by the exposed nerve. After a couple of valiums, she passed out in a better state.

Me? Out to the garage for my nightly foray into the world of pullups and back exercises. Now I'm sittin in a recliner drinkin' 24 ounces of Tecate, reading Newsweek cover to cover with my old mp3 on random. Radiohead's "High and Dry" - one of the greatest songs ever recorded - comes on and I dunno....the articles talk about transition teams, Michelle Obama, bailouts, Pirates off the coast of Somalia and somehow it all seems OK. How is today much different from, say, 40 years ago? Just different problems and for the politically correct "challenges". The parallels between FDR's transition into office compared to Barack's are strikingly similar and - inspiring.

Me and Slacker Wilkens are jacked for Saturday's Dawn 'til Dusk race in Phoenix. I slapped a 16 tooth cog on the back for a 2-1 ratio for the SS since the course is a moderate climb, rollers and down down down to the line for a 15 mile loop. The 4th lap will hurt if we get to that point. There will be a big cooler of Mexibeverages and some tasty eats. It's December for crissakes - time to train like a slacker and get some AZ sun on my milk-toast Wisconsin-looking face.

4 comments:

  1. I thought High & Dry was Blur? Wait, my bad, maybe not. I get alla' those limeys mixed up.

    Wisconsin lookin' milk toast face! Ha haaaa!

    Best of luck on your PHX race, pallie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def Leppard was the original High and Dry limeys.

    I see nothing wrong with a 'sconsin milk toast face. But it's not like I have a choice in the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not nice Chris.

    For that comment I shall punish you with this...

    I vow to learn one full Coldplay song by heart and the next time we ride together I will sing it over, and over, and over, and over, and over until your ears bleed... or until I have to much trouble singing and breathing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooooo Coldplay! I meant Minnesota Milk Toast face!

    ReplyDelete