Thursday, February 1, 2007

Here's the website for my cycling team. I accepted an invitation to be a volunteer member on the Board of Directors for 2007 and 2008. I had no idea that it meant over 100 e-mails within 30 days, a ton of what I call "e-bickering" (inflammatory e-mails that people author when they feel strong as an ox behind the keyboard, yet they are wet noodles face to face), and a general state of apathy that, at times, is more difficult to sift through than the growing number of Presidential candidate dossiers.

What have I done.

Fortunately, I have been nominated to the Treasury position. These people think I am fiscally responsible because I own the cheapest bike of all 6 Board members. I have never thought of my road bike as 'cheap' until I came across some of the custom rides that my fellow decision makers have invested in. None of them would even shrug if you said "Yeah, that new road bike I bought was on sale for $3,500". This brings me back to the point of being treasurer - no one has ever accused me of being fiscally responsible before - until now. I am thrifty, but not cheap, and I save my pennies, but I have about 1/100th of the knowledge that my Dad has of accounting/investing etc. Good thing that the one account I manage for this team is simply an operating/checking account.

Here is our Board Chairsapien - we refer to him as El Coache. Check out the naked photo of me in the middle of his webpage.....I did that to make him look good. I had to tape my johnson to my left knee or I would have offended Barbaro. Actually, this is a shot of him. He is the only one of our group that is not liable to become hot headed - so he got nominated to the Chair role.

All I know is that I am in for a wild ride (pardon the pun, Mom) with this group over the next two years. If I become more fit, and look good in the kit (team clothes for you non-cyclists out there) then life is good. Oh, and a few discounts and pro-deals along the way don't hurt either.

1 comment:

  1. I like the "I got mine used off of EBAY for $3500, it was a great deal"

    ReplyDelete