Monday, February 26, 2007

MONDAY, CRAPPY MONDAY

Really? There was jury tampering in the Scooter Libby trial? I find these trials hilarious.

It was a great weekend. Just great. Saturday I got Squirty a playdate with her cousins in Cottonwood, then I flipped the car back to Sedona for a 3-hour ride with Jeff and Josh B from 'Sconnie. We did a fun, semi-tough ride through the Sedona backcountry. Nothing marked - just local trails. One section found its way through a community that I used to live in, Pine Valley. The whole forest burned last summer, and it was really a weird feeling to be riding a bike through what once was a high-desert forest with a lot of Juniper, Manzanita, and small pines. Now? It was scorched. We rode a tough gradual climb over infinite baby-head boulders that just beats the tar outta you after a while. Good times, and great training for the season.

Sunday was home chillin' with D and Jamocha - and Lyza after she went to a movie with a pal. Her social calendar is 2x mine at age 5. Frightening, really.

Since February is now pretty much over, I just saw the first race on my calendar is March 24th in the White Tanks west of Phoenix. A 50 mile marathon ride which should take about 4 hours + or - a few minutes. I don't think I'll hit the podium, but, who knows. Then two more in April, gearing up for the 24 solo.

I need to go rent The Departed. I'm in the mood for some screen-violence.

Uncle Steve's Countdown is 84 days.....84 days to freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment