Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BIG owner's meeting tomorrow. These things always suck. I put on a pound of deodorant/anti-persp and still soak the shirt. Instead of focusing on the fact that we're making a boatload of cash for the owners, they nitpick things like water pitcher sizes, fitted sheets that don't fit an oversized mattress (duh?) and what we carry in the gift shop. Every now and then I get a bone, a stroke of some sort, but the rest of the time its just expected. I freakin' shower my crew with positive comments and such. Oh well, just keep my schedule flexible and throw me an occasional spiff and I'm cool wit dat. Maybe if I had any semblance of ambition I'd work for myself, but for crissakes, the Grand Hotel burned me out of working hard for the rest of my life - so forget that. My 5 years there was like doing hard time.

I have no races or events the next couple of weeks - so I have to rely on self discipline to train, and that is always a disaster. Family time, desserts, beer, and actual work get in the way every time. I do admit to riding my trainer in the garage this morning watching the 2004 Tour so I could get some ride time in since Lyza was asleep and D was gone. I know - it's 75 out and I'm a loser for even dusting the trainer off.

SEE ya

1 comment:

  1. Total loser, you need to move back up north to appreciate the little bit of sun!

    ReplyDelete