Saturday, June 23, 2007

Holy 5 Hour Ride Batman

JD came up and we rode from 7:30 - 12:30. Something a little over 50K. It was everything I expected and more. No flats, no mechanicals, and I kept up with him on my SS while he rode the gears....that felt great. The good news is that I'm gaining confidence for the 100K ride in Durango next month. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmm Colorado - can't wait to go. I'm gonna keep it real low key and camp in the parking lot at Purgatory....bring all my own food, and just lay low. It'll take me 10 hours to ride 100K on that course. Just thinking about it is pretty intimidating to me, especially since I've quit after 50K on 2 previous attempts.

Scott is rolling into town on his motorcycle in a few minutes. The dude works for a company that gives you a 1-month sabbatical after 10 years of service. I would seriously stay at my resort that long just for that benefit. How cool. We'll get the scoop on his motorcycle trip tonight.

Have you seen Little Children? Check it out on DVD - it's kinda Magnolia-ish.

I'm tired and rambling. more later

6 comments:

  1. 100 K? You can do it Shek, that's like a walk in the park, man. It's easy for you (say in Hilda voice).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude - I'm going 50K I think....I want to race, and not just survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 K? That's nothin! That's like 60 miles, broham. "That's like going into Wisconsin!"
    "Yeah well I got my ass kicked in Wisconsin one time"
    - Stripes c.1981

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now, WI has nothing to do with this. I did a race there this year. 29 miles w/1200' of climbing. Thats a real suffer fest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1200 feet over 29 miles - but in true Wisconsin fashion you probably had a beer stop every 6 miles or so....that makes it tough with the humidity.

    Screw ya both - 66 mile man will make his appearance in Durango (maybe).

    ReplyDelete