Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yup - I got real far with that big talk about getting a subscription to the Wall Street Journal and getting up to speed on politics. After a long day at the office, I went home last night, washed the remnants of a paintball off the side of my car (I got blasted on the way down to Phoenix), got some Thai food, gave Dana a massage for her birthday - crashed out. OK - so maybe I'll get up and write my politicians, and read the WSJ, right? Wrong....I took advantage of the perfect summer weather and the long day (Summer Solstice) and rode up to the top of Snowbowl road with Dana. We were both sandbagging at the bottom, you know, saying stuff like "I'm just gonna take it easy today"..."I'm spent from last week"....yeah right. I punched it on the first part of the climb - she caught me on the flat - I punched it on the next climb, and held her off by a minute over the next 4 miles of the climb. 6.2 miles, 39.5 minutes, 2000 feet of gain, heartrate average of 173. Yeah - I worked my ass off. The scary thing is that D was only a minute back with an average heart rate of 159. That means if she really throws it down, I'm toast.....as in toasted cheese, the stuff you eat in Wisconsin and wash down with Rhinelander beer.

So much for the Wall Street Journal - I'll get on that tomorrow....or the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Rhinelander! Ha!

    Dude, she is just toying with you! She is barely breaking a sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont feel bad, Amy dropped me on her Daisy Cruiser going up an overpass. She attacked with her 3 speeds and I couldnt respond. My Hr was somewhere in the 90's but she was wearing a skirt.

    Word of warning from a native, DONT MIX CHEESE WITH RHINELANDER BEER!!! The effects in the morning wont be pretty.

    ReplyDelete