Thursday, January 22, 2009

Can U Hook a Brother Up?

OK, so I throw down a bunch of trash talk about getting serious about riding again and…….then I get hit with a cold because that last race at the White Tanks took my immune system down to empty. So what have I done all week? Worked, and hit the Rocky gym in the garage. None of that will make me any faster come February 7th in Phoenix for series race #2. Major white-guy problems came up too, because it’s snowing out and I feel compelled to snowboard in the powder instead of riding in the rain.

The reality is that I’m choosing to dwell on those “problems” above rather than think about the real stuff: cutbacks in the tourism industry – hitting me and my crew, and a bank account that seems to get closer and closer to the definition of living “paycheck to paycheck”. So, I’m going to capitalize on the one thing I have left besides a full pound of fresh coffee beans in my grinder – good credit. Refinancing soon could reap a 4.35% or 4.5% 30-year fixed interest rate if your credit score is 750+. Hopefully, Obama will throw me a solid and help bring those rates down a full percent or more from where I’m at now. A full % over 30 years is the difference between THIS, THIS, and THIS versus a handful of mortgage and nothing to show for it when you die at 62. Then again, I better die at 62 or I'll be outta cash.

I know, I’m a one-track-minded Bike Loving Tool, but as any Arizona Cardinals fan would say “He is who we thought he is!” – Tribute to Dennis Green.

2 comments:

  1. Dont worry about your white guy problems. If you obsess about them long enough they will solve themselves. It worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, so that means I can order a new bike, right?!

    ReplyDelete