Thursday, January 8, 2009

Q: What do you call 53 millionaires watching the Super Bowl on TV together?

A: The Minnesota Vikings





The goddamn heat went out in my old fashioned car this week, and when you add that to the list of things that are no longer working, I swear, I'll be driving a frame and an engine soon with a nice stereo. So, now I'm looking at other options. If I had an ounce of impulse I would have driven straight to Phoenix yesterday after driving to work in 11 degree temps with a morgue-cold body, frozen hands, and running the A/C to stop the windows from fogging up, and traded the old fashioned car for a new all wheel drive Subaru WRX hatchback or a Mazdaspeed 3. Hey - if you're gonna go for power, go big. Good thing I'm a practical sack who can't pull the trigger....Probably saved myself $325/month. Which, turns out, was a great decision because we just signed a deal with THIS COMPANY who will provide full carbon frames or complete bikes at a price that I just can't resist. My car will be fiiiiinnne!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet bikes. You should get both a new car and a new bike. A bike that's worth 5 times the car it's on top of is only acceptable in Colorado.

    Sorry about the Vikings. Well, you know, sorry for you that your team didn't do better. I guess we'll both still have to be jealous of Mr. Fisher. After all, his team had a perfect season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can keep my old fashioned car and buy a new Blue...that would be a 3:1 ratio.

    ReplyDelete