Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jim Jones

I can’t believe that terrorists and other anti-US infiltrators haven’t figured it out. If you want to f*ck up this country, then spike the Starbucks coffee shipments. With the amount of white cup (with matching hot-cup sleeves) holding lemmings that walk out of those cookie cutter stores each day, you could very effectively wipe out the majority of ‘Murkans before 10:00am on a Monday. I, however, would lead the counter attack since I don’t drink that corporate whore swill – and then I’d take your house, your YBB and your Tall Boy since you won’t be using them ever again. You just got Jim Jones’ed.

Seriously…people, get over your Starbucks fixation. You can make better coffee at home for 1/5th of the price, and you won’t be part of the inevitable Monday Morning Massacre. Unless of course you want to strap that Macchiatto around your waist daily and try to work it off later, thanks for driving up the cost of healthcare while you’re at it.

Woke up pre-dawn today and put on the spandex costume – didn’t even need leg warmers as it was high 40’s. I rode out and up towards the peaks. Across Buffalo Park I pedaled up on a group of Moms in their “boot camp” sweat outfits. Cool. Stay fit ladies, because it ain’t all about your kids and you obviously know that. Into the woods and I came across several local running studs who were flying across the rocky ridges like gazelles. I have never, ever, ever seen another mountain biker on a weekday morning dawn patrol ride. Just runners and peeps out with their dogs. Bombing back down home, and I bottomed out the back rim once – then twice. Better bump the psi up to 30 for tomorrow’s ride – twas a little low today, but I climbed like a spider with that 2.3 tire all smashed out on the dirt. Love me some climbing.

Rolled into the garage at 6:20, and made myself a latte with some fresh roasted beans from our local roaster for around .79 cents including electricity and the estimated depreciation on my Gaggia espresso machine. $4.00 with tip for a Starbucks hot drink? Dude, I may have graduated from party school NAU – but I can still figure that one out. Support your local roaster/shop por favor.

3 comments:

  1. The way I'm doing coffee now, 3 of us at work get 2 cups each for a total cost of about $1.25 per day. I've done the math. So have the other 2. And, it just plain tastes great. I may get paid by corporate America, but that certainly doesn't mean that I go around supporting every corporate entity on every corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best coffee I ever had was from Big Steve. Stage race devils head, the year Ben borrowed the camper and couldnt grind beans. Steve came through with a press and it probably had to do with the moment but I remember it tasted so good.

    ReplyDelete