Friday, April 10, 2009

Burning Angst at Both Ends of the Candle

My racquetball game had been flatter than a pancake the last couple of weeks. I borrowed a DVD of a tourney played in Denver and realized that I have been half-assing it for the better part of two months. The pros reminded me that every point is do or die. Yeah - I've had a lot going on personally, but for fuck's sake...if you're gonna do something, freakin' do it.

So I brought that mentality with me last night to the courts. Getting my back knee to the floor on kill shots, being patient on lob shots - taking them off the back wall, chasing everything down, and drilling the blue bastard with drive serves all night. Most importantly, taking command of the middle of the court resulted in running three stiffs off the court in six straight games. Tourney time is in two weeks and I'm feeling a lot better about my preparation and seeding. If I don't win I'll be pretty disappointed.

Tomorrow will bring a big, phat SS ride in the peaks. Forecast is for 40 degrees and snow, so it could get interesting. Then - over to the Ford dealer to see if we can work out some details on an econo-box Focus. Those a-hole car sales guys are just impossible to deal with unless you have a suitcase of cash and no trade/financing involved. Hey - if it doesn't work out, then I'm buying a used Honda and screw you Detroit.

Sunday is Paris-Roubaix live on http://www.cycling.tv/ followed by a full day at work. Yeah, I know. Working Easter Sunday seems a little f'd up, but considering my "whatever works for you as an individual" view towards religion- it's just another busy day for me at J-Pine - which is where I need to be on busy days. I'm taking Monday off as a reward for covering everyone else's holiday ham gorging fest, so I got another 1/2 day phat ride planned. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous it ain't, but I'm diggin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment