Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day-twaaaaaaa

Me and Vito called out our buddy Fish about the dying city he loves so much, Detroit. Home to Eminem, Kid Rock, Mike Modano, Rae Dumke, and a nearly-dead auto industry. We were busting his chops about Detroit being down to 345 residents, and 335 of them play on the various sports teams: The World Champ caliber Red Wings, the soon to be 4th place Tigers, the over and done Pistons, and the worst franchise in pro sports, the Lions. After no response from Fish, we figured he took it personally. I hope not. There are some great things about Detroit:

1.) With a median sale price of $5,700 dollars - I could sell my hovel in Flagstaff and buy 55.27 homes in Detroit. Livin' large as a slumlord?!
2.) Since everybody left, the water supply is actually one of the cleanest in the nation.
3.) If you're an artist, you can rent loft space in one of the old automaker manufacturing buildings for .25 cents per square foot. I think I could even make crappy pottery, and "what the hell is that" charcoal sketches, and still come out ahead.

So I wanted to give my buddy Fish a semi-public shout out to say that we were just bustin' your balls, and............drumroll please................ I'm seriously considering buying a Ford car next week. Yup, my first American made car ever. Why? because Ford has remained solvent despite sales woes, they haven't taken a nickel of TARP money, and they make pretty damn good cars/trucks. The real reason? I can't afford the Acrua TL I'd love to have.

I also figure that if I invest in a Detroit based company, that might throw a nickel or two into a town that could use a little help. You don't have to say "Thank you" Fish. When your Red Wings win another Stanley Cup and there are 167 people at the parade in downtown Detroit, you can sip the free hot cocoa that I probably helped pay for.

4 comments:

  1. First American made car ever? Hmmmmmm... I think I'll give one Mr. Donovan a call to see from whom he "purchased" a domestic pick-up truck.

    And, along another domestic line, don't tell me that you weren't rockin' out to 80s hairband music in a bitchin' Camaro.

    After seeing the pluses of Day-twa, Fish, you may see me moving there real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should have inserted the word "new". I wish I still had that Camaro. It had more rust than metal

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should see the american made beauty in my driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ford, really?
    That's cool, Sheck. Maybe you will singlehandedly save Day-Twa.

    ReplyDelete