Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mellow Monday

5:20pm on Mondays at the Y means group MTB ride time. 4 of us showed - It was a mellow one last night with the choice to criscross the lower slopes of the peaks being the best decision. Some tech sections, a wee bit o' climbing, and some fun rollers. The trails are so dusty since we haven't had rain in a week and there is a wildfire burning about 15 miles outside of town.....so as we were railing back down to our starting point, we were skidding in front of each other sending smokescreen walls of dust into the air that you had to slow down when going through or else risk stacking it. JB put it best with a line from "Days of Thunder" - You can drive through it Cole!

Quick shower, and then I raced downtown to sneak into the last 15 minutes of D's cooking class at the Seasoned Kitchen. I got introduced as the husband - said hello to the group - and promptly started shoving my face full of spinach/mushroom quiche and zucchini cookies. Mmmmm.

Holy crap - Favre is a Viking. I don't know if I should crash my bike off a cliff or celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. "promptly started shoving my face full of spinach/mushroom quiche and zucchini cookies"

    Ha ha aaaaa!

    I have to tell you this, as a friend, before you get your hopes set too high. I don't know if you know this, but Favre is like age 79 in quarterback years. He should'a stayed out to pasture. Though, one good thing-- this new development will prove useful if only to bust Jeff Dana's chops.

    ReplyDelete