Friday, February 5, 2010

8 going on 18

Every other Friday, I usually take Lyza to her bus stop as a special treat since she's headed back to her Mom's for the week. This morning, I pulled right up to where the bus stops, put 'er in park - turned off the engine and we had this exchange:

Me: "When your bus pulls up, I'm gonna peel out"
Lyza: Smiling - "Dad, don't, that's stupid:
Me: Smiling - "All the kids will know how fast my car is. They'll talk about 'Lyza's Dad' at school"
Lyza: Laughing - "Nooooo....Let me out, and I'll just wait, you go to work"
Me: "No, I'm totally peeling out"
Lyza: Laughing - "Nooooo, drop me off, and go park over there so you know I'm safe and so no one sees you".

Her friend Nate Dawg walked up, and she was OUT of the car faster than I could tell her I'll miss her. She did a 180, came back and said "see you in a week - I love you Dad". Man - I'll be thinkin' about that till she comes back next Friday. Youth is king, and kids rule.

2 comments:

  1. You will always be fast if you have that car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally picture the horror on Lyza's face as you do a neutral drop in the Kia.

    ReplyDelete