Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cuttin' the Cat

After 15 years with a buzz cut, I started growing a full-scale cat on my head last June. I'm lucky - no bald spots, and a fuck-ton of hair, but it was getting out of control and I was starting to look like my Dad with combed, conservative hair. I love my Dad, but that hair.....that is not the direction I want to go.

Enter, Christopher. My wife's stylist who is, for lack of a better definition, "en fuego". After an hour and 15 minutes I walked out of his shop with newfound knowledge of him smoking doobies with Jen Aniston in Hollywood, awareness that there are $650 haircuts you can get in New York from some lady - I can't remember her name now - who tells you what your hair will do, not what you want done to your hair, and a $58 tab inclusive of a jar of trendy hair product and his tip. He asked me how much time I want to spend on my hair in the morning and I said "2 minutes or less". He cackled, and said "put this in your hair, open up your sun roof or window and in 2 minutes you'll have a super look that works for work". I think I got in 11 words, and a full 30 minutes of non-stop laughter to his 34,389 words over the course of an hour.

So, I thought I would have a hard time justifying $58 on one cut considering I spent $20 on a pair of hairclippers that worked for 15 years. No way man.....not only did I get a great cut, but the guy put on the equivalent of a one-man Las Vegas show. I'd call it a bargain.

1 comment:

  1. Ah haaa! This killed me! Too funny.
    One man Vegas show indeed. Sounds like you got your money's worth, and kept your swoon worthy supermodelo looks that the housekeepers swoon over.

    ReplyDelete