Friday, February 12, 2010

Bright Stars

Ahhh, my little girl. Conferences were today and she really is a chip of the old block. In short, she tests well all the while sandbagging in some subjects so she doesn't have to work too hard. I'm going to have to head her off at the pass - with help from her Mom - and see if we can get her to step it up. She's no prodigy, but she's far from average, and I just want her to have opportunities. Exchange programs maybe? A shot at a better college than I went to? Hell yeah. I'd love for her to travel as a teenager and in her 20's before not knowing any better and buying into the 'Murkan Dream. In the meantime, she's as bright as Beetlejuice in my eyes and we're gonna mix a lot of fun in with achievement.

Speaking of fun and achievement, I managed to squeeze in a fanfuckingtastic ride in Sedona yesterday with old-time local pal Craig C. All of the washes are trickling with water, the red dirt is tacky tacky sweet, and my big ol' wheels love the tech drops and climbs. I didn't want to leave, but the light got low, and my body was getting tired. I think I'm ready to race bikes again. MBAA Race #3 is the following weekend on a course that features at least 1-2 riders each year who come out with broken wings. It's technical, sharp, nasty, and not scenic at all because the course is right next to a freakin' NASCAR track. What's uglier than a NASCAR track? It's fans.

Still, I'm gonna try and be there.

Me and my D had a nice Valentine's dinner last night. She just lights me up too. I'm a lucky man....now it's time to go pay some bills. Have a good weekend y'all.

4 comments:

  1. How come NASCAR is run on Sundays?

    So Walmart has time to restock the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaaaaaaaaa! Growin' my mullet as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NASCAR

    Non
    Athletic
    Sport
    Centered
    Around
    Rednecks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nascar fans aside, you are living the dream pallie. Living the dream.

    ReplyDelete