Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rust Never Sleeps...

....so I said to myself "get out there you lazy piece of shit".

Wife working on diet plans for clients, daughter done with homework and now onto a bath and the bed. I was out the door at 8:00 with my SS for a 6 mile climb up to Snowbowl. Pitch black, warmer than I thought at 27 degrees, and I saw all of one car - a Coconino County Sheriff - the entire way. The climb was great. All I could hear was my own breathing and the cinders as my tires ran across them. 2000 feet up, touched the Agassiz Lodge, and flipped it back down. The descent was brutally cold. So cold that it gave me "Ice Cream Head", but the kind that takes 5 minutes to go away.

Back to the car, crank the heat, home, unload into the garage, crank the shower, shotgun a beer to calm the hell down because I'm so amped from the descent, and BAM....asleep.

Screw the indoor trainer.

1 comment:

  1. I would really like to get to the point where I can say that my trainer is nothing more than a fancy, expensive, indoor bike rack.

    ReplyDelete