Wednesday, March 10, 2010

hormones?

My daughter walked out her room this morning at 7:18, looked at me with a bit of a Deer in the headlights look….I said “2 hour delay, you don’t have to be to the bus stop until 10:00am”. She wearily asked to call her friend to come over, and I relayed the PG version of “no fucking way – it’s not even 8am”. I calmly asked her to just take a few minutes to eat, finish a page of her homework, get dressed, and brush her teeth …then she could call her pal after eight o clock to play until school starts. She gave me one of those ‘completely disappointed female scowls’ and sauntered down to her room in full bitch mode. About three minutes later she walked back into the kitchen, and out of nowhere said “Sorry Dad”. I just gave her a hug and thought – holy shit, there’s more of this coming in the next few years.

Got a few cool events coming up. There’s a Thursday night big-wig tourism dinner in the outfield of Chase Field where the Diamondbacks play. I don’t know any of the highbrows at these things, but it’ll be cool to dine on the floor of a billion seat retractable roof stadium. Saturday morning is the Diabetes metric century tour through some nice desert roads north of Phoenix. I haven’t been riding much lately, but that little loop will be a nice stretch for the legs. If I can find a good group to paceline with, then I’ll get to keep my heart rate down, have plenty of time to look at saguaros, check out the desert green, and best of all - it’ll go quick and easy peasy. Police at the intersections, low traffic, temps in the 70’s. Me love me some road riding this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment