Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Skiing


Well I'd pretty much been chained to the resort for all of Spring Break, but, I got a furlough on Friday and made the most of it.....

First, a road ride in the sun - completely clear roads, and no traffic. I'm still feeling under the gun to get ready for the Whiskey 50 at the end of April, so any chance I can get to squeeze a few hours of riding in, I'll take it. Quick change, lunch, then pick up Lyza and drive the ridiculously short 13 miles to the base of the ski resort. Total bluebird afternoon at 10,000 feet, with soft snow, not a cloud in the sky, and we skied until 6pm on the easy-peasy greens as Lyza worked on mastering the beginner hills. We had so much fun, we went right back this morning and hit it from open to close. I never thought I could spend 10 hours on beginner runs, but seeing Lyza progress was the highlight of both days - and by the last few runs today, all she wanted to do was "bomb it". Crackin' me up - that's for sure because that's just how I learned.....speed before finesse and style. Just gun it baby!
After 11+ feet of snow in town, and over 25 feet on the mountain, the skiing is great in spite of warm days lately. Closing day at the Bowl is 4/11. I think this was the last hurrah for me.....I've got singlespeed fever and so do my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment