Monday, March 1, 2010

Down south 4 the weekend

With D on injured reserve due to an f'd up hip, who's gonna run the dog? You? You Lieutanant Weinberg?

Nope, me.

So I've become a consistent runner. 3 miles here, 6 miles there - hovering around 20 per week, and a ride every now and then just for fun. Since the rides consist of, lately anyway, one a week + two trainer sessions, I've been choosing to push a 32x17 with 29 inch wheels in Sedona, and nothing but huge gears for the spin sessions. It's workin. Strength is coming along, and the running seems to be maintaining my cardio fitness. Plus, I love seeing the look on my little fur friend's face when I don the running shoes and grab his leash. He give me the "Oh yeah, let's GO!" The down side is that all of the spin sessions and runs are falling between 7pm and 10pm, but WTF ya gonna do? Oh do I wish for longer days.

Paid for this, and paid for this. I'm committed, and that feels good, but I reserve the right to be afraid of the Whiskey 5o until the gun goes off. I think about that race at least every other day.

We spent the weekend in Tucson, and had some great family time. Tucson rodeo on Saturday, wrestling with kids, a solid run, and more wrestling with Lyza and my nephew. My sis turned 39 and she looks almost as good as me at 42. Hot tubs, and $2 cold plunge bets into 54 degree pools. That stuff never gets old. Long live bets, dares, and ibuprofin + sleepin' on fold out mattresses to recover.

1 comment: