Wednesday, May 5, 2010

carb cleaner

Crit practice with the team last night was good to me. 'Twas our first gathering of the year as we now have plenty o' daylight after work, and temps were in the high 60's. The circuit was clean, and it was go time. The first 25 minute crit, I semi-conservatively worked with the group - only attacking a few times to see who had fitness, and sat up at the line with a teammate after we worked together on a successful break. In the second one it was clear - the early season work I did paid off in the form of a solo break with 5 laps (about a 1.75 miles) to go, and I held on with a 200 yard cushion at the line. Talk about getting the gunk out of my internal carburator - man that felt good. I love me some crit racing.

Slept great...

Woke up happy as could be...

Then I woke the beast. She's almost 5' tall. She's blonde. And holy hell did she have a 'tude this morning. I was all I could do to NOT throw her skinny ass in a cold shower and have her cry it out. Apparently, a hot breakfast wasn't what she wanted. She also didn't want to wash her hair beacuse it doesn't look good for school unless she has time to gel/comb, whatever the hell needs to be done. Then, she forgot to pack up all her stuff, including her $250 guitar for her private lessons after school, oh, and her jeans weren't the "right" ones.

Net result? I ate 6 eggs, 4 pieces of toast, an orange, banana, coffee - because I'm not in the business of tossing food, and then I drove back to the house at 100mph to get her freakin' guitar before the bus arrived. She cried in the car and left the 'tude there. OK, 100mph in a Kia is an exaggeration unless I'm going down a 10% grade on a highway using Navajo Cruise Control (coasting). But - I think I screeched the tires out of the driveway. My neighbor had a confused/laughing look on her face.

So, she's probably back to her good natured self, and I already blew off the steam last night racing bikes....good thing for those two wheel machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment