Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Champagne of Beers

I get ripped out here by everyone I know when I bust out a Miller High Life. The beer snobs are all into their pretty-boy IPA’s right now, and love to tell me that “you can take the boy outta the Midwest, but you can’t take……yada yada, you know the cliché”….

If I can buy a 6’er of the High Life for $4.00 or a 6’er of some micro-grog from Deschutes Brewery for $9.00 – well then I’ll buy a 12’er of the High Life and keep the change.

A friend of mine calls Miller High Life a “lawnmower beer”. As in, when you come in from mowing the lawn on a hot summer day you want to slam a cold cheap beer that has no taste and is just a thirst quencher. Fine with me….most of the time I’m comin’ in from a ride and a cold one is just that – cold.

"Miller High Life means you know quality and good living”. Uh Huh. Good thing advertising helps me decide.

2 comments:

  1. Your friend is close but doesnt have it right. A lawnmower beer is for when you are lawnmowing. All riders have a cupholder made for beverages, err beer. If you mow by hand you strategically place a cold brew on the deck or by the back door and when you swing past you have a chug.

    I will post pics soon to show how it is done. WISCO STYLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes more sense....DURING the mowing process, Wisco Style. I like it.

    ReplyDelete