Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ez come ez go

Welcome to Arizona, but don't arrive with a tan and make sure to bring your "papers". Sometimes, this state just sucks ass.
Left the garage at 5:30 this am, and felt like a complete piece of shit. I had not dialed my bike in the night before so there was a bit of sag in a dry chain, and about halfway through I felt the vibration of a loose cog on the rear end. I HATE not having a perfect running machine, but it was my fault for slacking last night and not taking the 5 minutes needed to dial the bike in. I had absolutely nothin’ in my legs, my heart rate seemed too high, I was overdressed, so what do you do? I just gutted it out, and chalked it up to a tired body. Rides like these that make the good days great. Hey – the am light was brilliant, the dirt was tacky, and the trail was empty as it usually is in the early morning. Any time on 2 wheels is better than my best day at the office fo’ sho’.

So, since I completely bottomed out today, maybe I’ll have something for Saturday. I’m hopin’ so because I’m planning on a long solo road ride just to clear the cobwebs. No testosterone-laden attacks, no teammates to stay with…..just leave the house at 5:30am kinda thing and get home for some yard work by 9:30am. The 78 mile loop around Wupatki sounds like just the ticket. Bring a backpack, because it’ll be 30 degrees at the start, 75 at the bottom of the desert, and 65 in the forest on the way home. An I-pod won’t hurt either.

Holy freakin’ bombshell that Floyd Landis dropped yesterday!!! I don’t think it’ll take Ol’ Lance A. to the mat because attorneys and lawsuits have a way of shutting these things down. However, it solidifies my belief that you watch road racing for entertainment, just like football and baseball – not for heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment