Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CHANGE OF PLANS

I got the message from my coworker that "Fox News will be coming up on Friday....they want to do a story on us, and specifically, a story about Valentine's Getaways". I said "Friday??" - Yup, Friday. So, after considering the fact that my ski trip would cost a year's salary if I still went - since I'd likely get clipped for bailing on a PR piece that has innumerable revenue potential - I made the call to the boyz informing them of my plan to bail out. I don't own a TV, I don't watch TV, and I don't even enjoy TV (except for sports)......but, our clientele watch TV - so you gots to do what you gots to do, ya know?!

So, in lieu of losing out on a ski-trip, I have constructed a plan that comes in a close 2nd in terms of having a hecka' lotta' fun whilst accommodating the obvious responsibility. Plan B starts by taking advantage of the 6+ inches of new snow we have today and going snowboarding all-day tomorrow. Quick change of clothes and shower, then down to work for a few hours to catch up. The next day? Same thing. Friday - well, work with the film crew of course in the AM and then maybe back to the mountain for the afternoon. Saturday and Sunday will be spent road cycling in the 55 degree verde valley - about an hour south.

SO - I'm excited about Plan B - despite the fact that I will miss out on some great new terrain in Utah. Do you see any moping around here? Heck no - I'm gonna go check my board and make sure I do a quick tuneup before tomorrow's adventure begins when the lifts open at 9:00am.

CB

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should bring my snowboard since I am not bringing the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, this is my first blogging experience! Winter has finally arrived in MN - the highs this week end are supposed to be zero with lows around -12. We plan to hang out alot in our new room with the Vermont Castings stove fired up. Pen was sick all last week end with chemo side effects, but she recovered and went in for more yesterday! We are hoping to get out of here around March 1 and down to Paradise, but some things have to fall in line. The latest possible glitch is some very sad news for us. Our beloved Sammy stopped eating because he couldn't keep his food down and John Hotvet (can you believe that name) told us his kidneys are failing. Village Animal is keeping him during the day giving him fluids intraveniously but it will only buy us some time with this wonderful, loving creature. So we are bummed out grieving the loss of part of our family. DBB

    ReplyDelete