Monday, January 22, 2007

An excellent race...not on a bike this time.

I've got a crush on Nancy Pelosi. Why not? Anyone who slows down the Prez rules in my book.

I cannot wait for the Democratic Primary race to really get going over the course of 2007 and into 2008. Seems as though we have some huge names in the hopper especially if Give 'em Hellary Clinton and Barack Obama face off.

Every pundit has already chimed in with the opinion that Hillary, while immensely popular with liberal Dems, would get crushed in an Electoral College vote - essentially making her a questionable at best choice for the Dem ticket because she may be 'unelectable'. This is aside from, AND because of the fact that she is a woman. Then we also have Obama who is getting tagged as "inexperienced", and questions about his supposed 'Muslim shaping' are already hitting the press.

I think all of that means squat because......... the bottom line is that Hillary and Barack are not white males. Nobody needs a histpry lesson to know that or the past 200+ years we have had white males serving in the Prez and VP roles, and if you think that will change in 2008 then you are in the minority.

Personally, I am really very torn on what I feel is the real issue..... That is: Do we (the Dems) nominate an "electable" candidate who by the very definition of the term "electable" is a white male moderate democrat with just another pretty face (read: John Edwards-type), or do we nominate a candidate that really fulfills our expectations - yet he/she is deemed unelectable. I don't know the answer to this yet, despite having spent a lot of time in politically-riddled situations via work and volunteer organizations.

I am also very curious to see how the efforts of this guy pan out. I don't know much about him, but the more I read, the more I want to read.

In the meantime, let the chessplay begin, and I hope that at least on the Dem side of the ticket, the campaigning is clean, and for the party's progress - not for individual agendas (yeah, right?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment