Monday, January 15, 2007

What a weekend... First, it snowed about a foot 'round here, and we took most of Saturday off to go x-country skiing at the Flagstaff Nordic Center just up the road from our house. It was a great day, with cold conditions, fast snow, and few people. I ended up doing as much skate-skiing (OK - that's not me, but you get the style, right?) as my legs would allow, and D, in true D fashion, plugged away relentlessly in the classic format. We ended up doing about 10K, and we were ready for a hot tub and a relaxing evening.

Sunday involved putting a second coat of paint in our bedroom, and scraping more wall-paper off of the guest bedroom. I am determined to have this finished by mid-February as we have some guests rolling into town. Lord knows how long Uncle Stevie will stay....could be a few days, could be a few years. We would like it to be years of course. Seriously, wouldn't it be fun to have Stevie out here? Lyza could crawl all over him, Jamocha could steal his vitamins, and we'd probably have a great time. We'll see - he's gonna' check out some land west of Flagstaff, so - you never know. Maybe we can find him a 5-acre plot with a Buddhist shrine on it, a well, and a small shanty with a twin mattress. That's all he needs.

More pictures later....

CB

2 comments:

  1. I might just stay a while also... How many rooms do you have? If I cant find a job right away I might need need an supply of gels and bars since I will be doing a lot of riding then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it out to Flag Bartoszuk! I have an empty spot on one of my bike racks in the garage - but bring your cross tires because the snow isn't gonna stop anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete