Monday, March 17, 2008

Any day in the saddle is better than being at work, and that is true about 99% of the time. Last Thursday...not so much. I was heading down a steep slickrock/rocky section in Sedona, and caught my front tire in a crevasse - throwing me over the bars and into the rocks. Adrenaline put me back on the bike in about 10 seconds, and off down the trail. Once that adrenaline wore off, I found a finger that was missing about six layers of skin at the tip, and a shin that had about a 6" by 6" strawberry scuff. I went back and rode the drop again just to be sure that it wasn't me aging, and I made it the second time around. I love mountian biking - you get your ass handed to you just enough to keep yourself honest and realistic about your ability and your potential.

Well it's tournament time - Last year I correctly picked Florida to win it all, but I got second in a pool because of some first round speculative picks that went bad. First place won $400, second place won $50. Bummer. I haven't seen one game all season except for a live performance by the Golden Gophers and the Hoosiers in Minnesota last winter. I'll have to throw my bracket against a wall and see what sticks again this year. It'll be pure luck if I do well.

No riding today- - just work. Livin' the American Dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment