Monday, March 24, 2008

I have to believe that being a elementary education teacher or a stay at home parent with triplets would have to be two of the toughest jobs out there. The only reason I even say that is because managing kids is like managing 60 year old, set in their ways, grumpy-ass, old men.

On Easter Sunday I attempted to leave work at 2:30pm after 8 hours in the office. Normally, it would be nothing to leave a little early on Easter Sunday. 10 minutes down the road, I'm jammin to some good tunes, sunroof back, 65 degrees as I begin to pull into an Uptown Sedona lot. 29'er in the back seat, cycling gear ready to rip, and I am.........f*cked. The cellie rings and two of my most tenured employees are about to duke it out - at the front desk. Back in the car and back to work.

A meticulously planned 2.5 hour singletrack shredfest was aborted. I diffused the situation, and raced back to Sedona - all for the last 1:15 minutes of daylight. A disc brake mechanical sliced more time off the ride. BUT - I had a brief 20 minutes of bliss where the tires were glued to the trail, and I hit that euphoric zone. It was just enough to get rid of the angst and bitterness from a shitty day gone down down down hill from there.

I know, I know....there are worse things to complain about, and I realize the residents in Somalia are struggling, blah blah, blah blah. In this case I refuse to use downward socialization to tell myself "all you missed is a ride, little Jimmy's Dad in south Jersey lost his job because he came to work drunk and now Timmy...Jimmy, whatever - is hungry. Fu*k you Jimmy, you missed a hapy meal and a plastic Hamburgler Doll, but I MISSED A RIDE. I missed a primo chance to ride, I was feeling strong, and the trails were near perfect velcro.

Today sucked ass too. Sh&tty meeting (why the hell am I covering up expletives, it's not like a 4th grader is doing a report on blogs and he's reading this piece of shit)....crappy afternoon, the brakes on my car are for shit, and my cell phone is dead and I left the goddamn charger cord in Tucson and the damn Fed Ex dude didn't show up with it today.

So let's recap:
Worked the holiday weekend and had two employees go postal
I missed a bike ride
Shitty meeting today
Dead cell phone
I don't feel like riding rollers tonight
And my damn college basketball bracket has me in Dead F'n Last - and I'll stay there unless Tennessee wins 4 more games

I completely suck - Little Timmy/Jimmy is hungry and I'm worried about this petty stuff? I think I need a beer(s).

1 comment:

  1. You need rehabbed, like that 1987 Camaro in Cottonwood, AZ.

    Love this spouting off diatribe, pallie.

    ReplyDelete