Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One of the main pluses of having a butch lesbian for a neighbor is the fact that she loves sports. Nancy (name not witheld since she probably won't find this unless I put the proper keywords that she might search for) graduated from the University of Tennessee, and played women's hoops on the varsity team. Looking at her now, you'd never know it, as she is a relatively broken down 50 year old lezbo who spent a lot of time leading Grand Canyon rafting tours in the 80's.

Back to my point....since she loves sports, lives alone, and doesn't work a ton, she decided to invest in what has become for me - the 8th wonder of the world. It's a wall-mounted plasma TV that is big enough for me to name the two teams who are playing any sport.....from my freakin' kitchen which is at least 20 yards from her TV. Let's just say I have been taking extra time to handwash my dishes so I can catch this HiDef masterpiece right in front of my eyes. Holy crap, I would totally buy one of these sets for my house if I didn't have every dollar I make earmarked for vacations, race entry fees, clothes for Lyza, and tuition for D's massage school.

Two doors down from Nancy is an NAU professor who has the only non-secured wi-fi router in the 'hood. I cancelled my internet service and I'm now squatting off of him. I'm diggin' this neighborhood, but it makes me wonder what they are scamming off of me. Has my firewood supply been dropping more than usual? Has my hot tub has been dirtier than normal when I go to re balance the chemicals? I don't even want to think about that.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Nice modern update on a neighborhood, Shek.

    It's like "back in the day" we used to borrow a cup of sugar or share extra zucchini from the garden-- Now the definitions of neighborhood support have definitely got a technological spin to em.... WIFI borrowing, and a plasma TV as big as a drive-in screen.

    This cracked my sh*t up.

    ReplyDelete