Wednesday, March 5, 2008

With a streak of several consecutive predictions,

I’m beginning to think I should be placing bets on primaries/caucuses instead of football. Hillary stepped up and kicked Obama to the curb in Ohio, and she will surely carry that mo’ into Pennsylvania which is basically Ohio with hills – a blue collar state that will care a lot about her pitch regarding economic relief.

Then, what we’ll have is a virtually tied delegate count going into the Dem convention meaning these two heated rivals will be kicking the crap out of each other for four more months while McCain sits back and uses their insults against each other to his advantage. How did this happen? I thought for sure we would have a Democratic Party nominee in the White House come late January 2009. It happened because we have two fiercely competitive and strategic campaigns going head to head with no real shortage of campaign finances. No one is backing down, and neither of these two wants to be Vice President. Governor Bill Richardson – a former candidate – stressed the importance of these two candidates working something out, and not taking this contest all the way to the Dem convention. He is absolutely right about that, even if he’s shamelessly aiming for a VP nod from either candidate.

So here sits McCain with a clinched nomination, and four months to prepare his campaign for the stretch run. How can he lose, especially now that he will have full support from the most evil Republican strategists/marketers out there (minus that fat f*ck Rush Limbaugh – that’s one thing I LOVE about McCain is that the far right fat bastards despise him). I still believe McCain is the only candidate from either party that will make progress on major political issues like Iraq and securing the border, but it still makes me hurl to think of actually voting for a Republican in a general election. I guess I have some soul searching to do, as I agree with McCain on three major issues, and I disagree with him on almost everything else. In the meantime, sit back and watch the Democratic Party eat itself alive with this heated contest. This is truly a great time to be a political activist/observer.

On a more fun note, my entry forms are in for THIS and THIS . I’m counting on a strong month of training in March so I can get revenge particularly at the Whiskey 50 race in Prescott. last year, I bonked with 15 miles to go causing a mental and physical breakdown that I had never experienced before. Harsh hamstring cramps, losing 35 places in a matter of 45 minutes up a 10% dirt grade, and not even being able to ride back to where we were staying after the race - a simple 2 mile ride on pavement. In short – total exhaustion after 5.25 hours and 50 miles. I'm comin' back for more abuse this time, and I hope to finish in a sub 5 hour time.

1 comment:

  1. Come to WI, we do 50 mile races in 3hrs.

    ReplyDelete