Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wouldn't it be great if...

...Brett Favre signed with the Vikings. Then, on November 1st at Lambeau Field, threw for an NFL record 7 touchdowns. Then, he takes the 12-4 Vikings to the Super Bowl and brings the LOMBARDI trophy to Minnesota. Then he retires for good and five years later goes into the Hall of Fame with a Vikings uniform and Brad Childress giving his dedication speech. Packers GM Ted Thompson would probably hang himself.

What will probably happen is Favre will string the Vikings out for the next two months, finally decide to give it a go if he's allowed to skip off-season workouts, show up for one pre-season game, play just enough to ruin the Vikings' other QB's psyches - then get hurt in week 4 after a 2-2 start and play in every third game thereafter, bringing home an 8-8 record for the season. F'n Favre. I can see why the Packer fans were pretty much done with the guy at the end of 2005.

....It would also be great if Crank Brothers could make more durable pedals. I'm given the gift of a late afternoon ride mid-week, and my right pedal just explodes. Metal shrapnel, and ball bearings spewing out across the trail. I didn't even hit anything - today. I remember a couple if rides back smashing a rock and jacking my bike about two feet in the air at impact. But, it still bums me out......For fuck's sake, I was 500 feet from the top of a climb at about 85% of my aerobic threshold and I had to turn back around early. That's what I call blueballs on a bike. On a positive note it was the first day I've worn a short sleeve jersey in Flag since October. It'll be 80 tomorrow. Wow - where did this come from?

Don't forget your Mums this weekend - card, flowers, or maybe a new vacuum so she can pick up after you during your next visit. You know, just like when you were a kid.......and still are.

No comments:

Post a Comment