Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recovery from the Trainer?

I climbed on my trainer last night 'round 9pm for a spin with the Giro d'Italia leaders up the Blockhaus climb. They were going fast for real on www.universalsports.com, while I was spinning a steady cadence of 80 up and down the gears thinking I was going fast. It was a good session....1.5 hours and I was tired of sitting on my sit bones. My legs got a nice workout too, so much so that I had to ride before work this morning on the SS just to spin out my legs. I've never had to do that before - ride outdoors to spin out my legs from a good trainer session. Hmmmm, something is wrong with that. In a weird way I'm feeling pretty dedicated this season as I've never ridden a trainer past March before. But - with the now 7 straight days of rain we've had - I can't always get out on the trails and I've worked too hard over the last 45 days to let the fitness I have gained go down the tubes.

The trails were tacky and tight this morning, but torn up from run-off. It made for great climbing, and some tricky descending - but FUN.

Off to R-ball tonight to pick up my tourney winner jersey, and play a few games to boot. I like racquetball, but don't love it, and put very little time into it yet it just comes easy for me. I love love love riding bikes, and put a lot of time into it, but I will always struggle to keep up with the big dogs. Oh well - I figure if I stay healthy and ride into my 60's there will be so few competitors left that I'll get a few trophies. Nice goal, huh? Win by attrition, because I sure ain't gonna win races on talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment