Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Down but not out

These Sonia Sotomayor confirmation hearings are about as controversial as Ed McMahon’s death. Whatever. Just give her a desk and make her a custom Coleman Klein tent robe like the rest of the Supreme Court Judges. That d-bag Jeff Sessions from Alabama outta’ just put a cap in it. Sorry good ol’ boy – quit the grandstanding.

Last Saturday’s group mtb ride, which of course turned into a race as it usually does, had me feeling like a hot dog at a Nathan’s Coney Island eating contest. Vulnerable. I put the hurt on in the heat and got hurt along the way for 3 hours. I was toasted Wisconsin Cheddar. My immune system was telling me it was at zero, I felt dehydrated, and my legs were just shot. Sunday was supposed to be a 50 mile sufferfest in the heat of Wupatki National Monument with a 7% 16 mile climb to the finish. Fortunately, I couldn’t get up and D wasn’t pressing it either. It turned into an easy 16mph spinout on rolling terrain for just under 3 hours around the lake. 6 hours of saddle time was my goal and I almost got there. Remarkably, we did a ton around the house. Moving furniture, staining the back deck, and selling a load of furniture via Craigslist.

Lyza found her groove last night at a weeklong Arizona Diamondbacks softball camp. More on that later with some photos from the action tonight.

1 comment: