Thursday, July 9, 2009

Slowin' it down a bit..

After burying me, myself, and I on Sunday with the group, and riding pretty hard with D up Snowbowl on Tuesday, last night’s effort was solo on the old reliable SS. It felt good, and it was nice to climb at my pace, and never going above 5,000 rpm. I actually noticed that there are wildflowers in the woods, and passed by a herd of elk that reluctantly disappeared when I came into view. Did you know the forest has trees, leaves, flowers, animals, lakes, and great views? I can go a month without seeing anything because I’m trying to go as fast as I can. It was time for a break yesterday.

It’ll be 112-120 in the deserts down south this weekend. Yuma, AZ will probably be the hottest with Phoenix a close second. Flagstaff should be around 83, tops. I’ve never been in temps above 115 except inside a cedar walled box with a stove in it – with a lake outside the door to cool off in.

The weekend calendar looks good. Friday night play at the university, Saturday Am 3 hour road ride through Wupatki National Monument, work on Sunday morning, then a 4 hour mtb group slugfest ride around Mt. Elden until sunset. Did you notice that pulling weeds and cleaning the house isn’t included? I’ll save that for a weeknight. 24 Hours of Nine Mile is in two weeks. I need another week of prep and then I’m ready. Goin’ back to the High Life in Wisco for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment