Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Highs and Lows

It was 54 degrees when I left Flagstaff at 6am yesterday. When I stepped out of my car in Phoenix at 9am it was well over 90. Meetings wrapped up around 2pm and I was in my car headed back north. It was 110 and it took my little baby Kia a good while to cool the cab down. Back in Flag at 5pm to light rain.....so what better way to relax than a ride through the forest in the rain. I got home around 7pm, soaked to the bone. My bud Ellsie rolled over to drop his dog off and he was wearing a fleece jacket. It was 51 degrees, raining, and - cold. We're getting rain all week so it should be good prep for the race this Saturday in Wausau, WI.

My little Kia worked hard in that heat. I think she needs a beer, not me. Maybe I'll treat her to some 91 octane this week.

2 comments:

  1. Always use the 91, Shek- you won't regret it.

    Jezus, what a day, driving from heavenly cool to hellish heat in a few short hours.
    Arizona life. Wow.
    Good luck on your race in Wisco!
    Tip a Leinies for me, won't ya?
    Love, F.I.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside with the dogs 0530 at 51 degrees. 0900 at work, 74 degrees. 23 degree swing without even leaving the vicinity. Hope you're prepared for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete