Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Re-entering Civilization

Good God, I leave civilization for a week and Ed McMahon, Farrah, and Mike Jackson all die. Of course, by the time Gloria Vanderbilt’s son, Anderson Cooper, gets a hold of the Mike Jackson story, it’s as if Mr. Tonight Show Intro and the Charlie’s Angel never existed. It’s hard to believe Mike Jackson was only 50. You can say what you want, but Rock With You and Thriller were great albums. Excellent stuff that still stands up 25-30 years later.

Canada, Duluth, Upper Wisconsin, and Minneapolis were the name of my game for the last 11 days. Fished, went to amusement parks, and went canoeing down class 1-2 rapids for mucho hours, fished again - caught nothing, swam, and ate and drank well. I’m completely wasted at my desk today and hanging in there conquering the mountain of papers and e-mails.

My daughter may have found her first passion on this trip. Music/Drama/Theatre. Several instances added up to the fact that she is made for the stage. She decided her birthday will be a concert – her band will play to 15 of her closest friends. Then relays and smores because they only have four songs to play right now. We spent two hours on the plane home writing new material. I tried to facilitate rather than dictate, and the end result were some pretty good lyrics for a band made up of three eight year olds. My Mom helped her make flyers, business cards, and back stage passes. Every detail. I’s are dotted, and the T’s are crossed. Crazy.

As for me – I have a 24 hour duo in three weeks and 11 days off the bike didn’t help. So, I’m diving back in after I get home today. Just an hour spin – take it easy, ya know?! Then, numerous night rides coming up in preparation. All I need to do is 8 or 9 80 minute sprint laps at 85% of max over 24 hours. Nothing crazy, but it’s not really sane either when you are staring 3:00am in the face in the middle of a damp Wisconsin forest.

Then…no more races ‘till 2010, or until the next big event rears itself. I got things I want to do, new things including putting some time into our house, and maybe even read a book....or a magazine. That would be a start.

1 comment:

  1. Danks God yer back. Missed you like crazy.
    So berry boring with no new Bozzelblogs to read. Lack of amusement made Ellen a dull girl.
    Get to steppin', catchin' us all up.

    Lyza's band, man, they are going straight to the top. They will kick those lame-o Jonas Bros to the gutter.

    ReplyDelete