Monday, March 26, 2007

6 Rides in 8 Days

Ahhhhh...I feel restored, refreshed.....and downright wasted. There's nothing better than coming to work on Monday needing to recover at your desk. Conversely, there's nothing worse than coming into work on Monday feeling great - because you didn't do enough on your weekend away.

The one rough day of the six, I was riding my singlespeed with two dudes - one of them was pretty fast and he had gears. We tore it up for a couple of hours, and I redlined three or four times just to stay in front. Was it worth it? Well, I had to take about a 1 hour nap, and even an afternoon iced latte' barely woke me up. You know that feeling too - where there's a burning in your lungs and trachea - not quite to the point of puking, but you're thinking about the fact that it could happen unless you back off. I seek this feeling, I LOVE this feeling.

www.dawntilduskrace.com is next on Tax weekend. Get to know Gallup, NM. It may look like a sh*thole, but its got some culture, some great Mexican food, and great trails.

Squirty B arrived after school today, and man was I glad to see her. We get a whole week together - as we are now following a week on/week off schedule with her mother. This kid just makes me smile. We have such a great time together. D loves to take her to school in the AM - so I work early and leave by 3pm to get her at the bus stop - that gives us 2 hours to goof around before dinner....that's what I call "prime time".

D didn't get a job that she found out she didn't really want anyway....so that worked out OK. 75% travel would have wiped out the foundation we have built and neither one of us were cool with even trying it. I'm glad.

We're heading to Tucson this weekend for some fun in the sun. I'll bring the roadie and get in 2 morning rides - maybe even up Mount Lemmon if I get the time. 5000 vertical feet in 20 miles. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment