Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Times they are a Changin'

WTF? That NCAA tournament bracket and corresponding bet that I mentioned never happened. I think I have officially moved into the "I could give a rats ass" about televised sporting events. OK - the fact that I ditched my TV 3 1/2 years ago has a lot to do with it, but I think I have just lost interest in this stuff as life has changed. I haven't seen the last 4 Super Bowls, and when some dude at a party says "how 'bout them Phoenix Suns" - I just nod my head and say "how 'bout them?!" - cause I have no idea if they are good or bad.

Trust me, I'm not on a high horse here. Its not like I read books, or get involved in volunteer work in place of the time I used to spend watching sports. Its just that I don't make time for it anymore. That is a clear indicator that I work and play, and that takes up pretty much every day.

I still check the standings of the Twins, Vikings, and the Dallas Stars (as they were the Minnesota North Stars when I was a kid). Other than that....well I'll have to ask you for the stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment